Before using all the services provided by this site (URL http://www.scidb.cn/en, Name: Science Data Bank, hereafter as ScienceDB), please carefully read the following terms (also referred to as “Agreement”). This Agreement specifies all the legal terms and conditions binding our services. Amongst, service using behaviors include using these services via this site or using these services via other software owned, operated or authorized by third-party sites or via other means (such as RSS sources and out-site API citations). If you disagree to unconditionally accept all the terms and conditions specified in the Agreement, you are not authorized to use the services. This Agreement applies to all the users of this site and related services. If you have any objection to any of the terms of this Agreement, please stop using the services supplied by ScienceDB. Using any service provided by ScienceDB shall be deemed as acceptance of all the content specified in this Agreement.
You can be an individual or an enterprise but shall state and pledge that you have reached the lawful age to or are able to bear civil liability. Besides, please ensure all the submitted registration information is real and correct. This site has the right to accept or decline to supply services to any individual or entity and to modify or adjust eligibility criteria at any time. This Term shall be deemed invalid when the Agreement is prohibited by relevant laws or when the access right to this site is revoked.
If you disagree with the modifications to relevant terms in the Agreement, you have the right to stop using this site and shall do so. If you continue to use, it shall be deemed as you accept all the modifications made by this site to relevant terms of this Agreement.
You can download and use the dataset published on this site but the reuse and redistribution of the dataset shall abide by the corresponding license (CC0 or CC BY 4.0).
The person who associated a work with this deed has dedicated the work to the public domain by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights, to the extent allowed by law.
You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission (see more information from https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/).
When a dataset is shared under CC BY 4.0 condition, you are free to:
Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or in any format.
Adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits (see more information from https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Except for datasets, any other services supplied by this site can only be used for non-commercial purposes. You shall be responsible for all the activities while using this site.
(1) You shall not take any action to impose or possibly impose excessive load (at the discretion of the site) on the infrastructure of the site or its third-party service suppliers.
(2) You shall not interfere or attempt to interfere with the normal operation of the site’s services or any activities based on the services.
(3) You shall not bypass any measures taken by this site to prevent or restrict access to “services” (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to services).
(4) You shall not run any form of automatic replies or “spam mails” on the site services.
For any activities that use this site and directly or indirectly engaged in violations of Chinese laws and social morality, this site has the right to delete the contents and related accounts violating the commitments above at any time without prior notice.
For instance (but not only limited to what are listed below), you shall promise not to allow others or third parties to take any actions or use the services provided by this site in any form to disseminate or facilitate the dissemination of the following contents:
(1) Contents that infringe upon the patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, public rights or other rights, and contents that violate any law or contract liability.
(2) Contents that you know beforehand are false, misleading, inveracious or inaccurate.
(3) Contents containing illegal, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, malicious, fraudulent, deceitful, privacy infringement,tortious,obscene, aggressive or blasphemous elements. Contents that disseminate obscene, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terror or abetting crimes.
(4) Unauthorized advertising, pushed advertising, spam or bulk-e-mail (commonly known as “spam e-mails”).
(5) Contents related to business activities or sales, such as competitions, barters, lotteries, advertisements or pyramid sales, without the written approval of this site.
(6) Contents containing software virus or any other computer codes and files, or programs that intentionally damage, restrict or interfere with the normal functioning of any software, hardware or communication device, or that intend to destroy or unauthorized access to this site or other third-party services, data secrets or other information.
(7) Attempts to impersonate other individuals or entities, including team members or representatives of this site.
(8) Contents that are in opposition to the basic principles of the constitution.
(9) Contents endangering state security, divulging state secrets, subverting state power and undermining national unity.
(10) Contents that damaging the honor and interests of the state.
(11) Contents that inciting national hatred and discrimination, destroying national unity.
(12) Contents that humiliating and abusing heroic images, denying heroic deeds and beautifying aggressive warfare.
(13) Contents that destroying the religious policies and promoting cults and feudal superstitions.
(14) Contents that spreading rumors, disturbing social order and undermining social stability.
(15) Information containing other contents prohibited by laws and administrative regulations.
This site and its services are lawfully protected by copyright law. You shall follow the existing national laws, international laws and regulations. This site has the right to delete or prevent any user from submitting data and has the right to delete, edit or modify data submitted by any user from the server at any time without prior notice, for any reason or without any reason.
(1) You shouldn’t choose or use other people’s usernames, intending to impersonate others;
(2) You shouldn’t use a name that may infringe upon the rights of others without authorization;
(3) You shouldn’t use names that are malicious, vulgar, obscene or violating laws and regulations. This site has the right to refuse user registration or directly cancel users’ accounts that have been registered.
You shall be fully responsible for your account and unilaterally responsible for keeping your password confidential. You shouldn’t use another person’s account without clear permission. For any unauthorized use of your account or other accounts’ security vulnerabilities, you shall inform this site in writing formally and immediately.
This site can provide services via other websites, Internet information sources or other websites and information sources linking to this site. The risk of visiting a third-party website shall be borne by yourself. These websites are not under the control of this site. You acknowledge that this site is not responsible for the content, function, accuracy, legitimacy, appropriateness or other aspects of these websites or information sources. Including any such links does not mean that this site agrees with them or has a relationship with its operators. You acknowledge and agree that this site shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage caused by using or believing any content, goods or services on such websites.
Cotents and Permission
You acknowledge that the services of this site include the contents specially provided by this site, partners and third parties, and these contents are protected by copyright, trademark right, service trademark right, patent right, trade secret right or other ownership and laws. Copyright declarations, information and limitations of the contents obtained through the service shall be observed and maintained. You shall not sell, license, rent or use anything in a manner that infringes on the rights of third parties.
This site provides you with the functions of adding, creating, uploading, submitting, issuing or publishing (“submitting”) contents, articles, data, texts, photos, images, illustrations or other information to websites or services (collectively referred to as “user submission”).
You declare and guarantee that your use of the data submitted by the users involved in the agreement will not infringe on or violate the rights of any third party, include but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, contractual rights or other intellectual property or ownership.
Except for the condition that users submit data to the public, you declare and guarantee to this site for the following:
You understand that the subject of submitting content will be fully responsible for all information publicly or privately disseminated through websites or services. This site will not be responsible for any errors or content omissions and can delete or modify materials and contents you submit on this site. This site does not approve or impose control on any submitted contents. This site does not guarantee the authenticity of the data submitted by users. You acknowledge that all contents you acquire while using the service is at your own risk, and you will be fully liable for any loss or damage to either party caused by the contents you acquire and cannot acquire.
If you choose to provide your information to public access, you understand that this site will share the data submitted by you with related third parties, and this site cannot and will not dominate any third party. You acknowledge that for the privacy of data submitted by any user, and the data that do not need privacy protection, this site will not make any declaration or guarantee.
This site can terminate your access to services or some services at any time without prior notice, for any reason or without, and take effect immediately. This may result in the loss or destruction of information associated with your account, including data submitted by users. No fee paid under this Agreement shall be refunded.
This site has no special relationship or trust responsibility with you. You acknowledge that this site has no control over and no obligation to the following behaviors: users’ access to the site and its services, access to contents through services, the effect of contents on you, the way you interpret or use contents, actions taken with respect to publicly disclosed contents. This site is not liable for any content acquired through this site or not.
This site only provides the content itself or available services, excluding any explicit or implicit guarantees, including but not limited to the following: guarantees implied in the title, guarantee of no-infringement, guarantee of marketability, suitability guarantees for specific purposes and any guarantees implied in other course of performance and business practices, this site explicitly denies all the guarantees above. This site and its corporate units, construction teams, agents, suppliers, partners, integrators and content providers cannot guarantee:
(1) This site and its services are secure, uninterrupted and available at any given time or place.
(2) Any defects and errors will be corrected.
(3) No computer viruses or other harmful components are included in any content or software on the site.
(4) The results of using this site and its services will meet your requirements.
The risk of using this site and its services is completely borne by yourself.
For any information on this site or other websites linked to this site, this site does not guarantee the confidentiality or privacy in the process of communication and information transmission. For e-mail address, registration and identity information, disk space, exchange information, trade secrets and other equipment stored in the construction units of this site, the network that provides access to this site or the content transmitted on the network related to your use of services, this site is not responsible for the privacy of the above-mentioned information.
Charges and Payment
Although the basic services of this site are currently free to users, this site has the right to modify or revoke this free service at any time. This site has the right to add new charges at any time, and notify you by e-mail or website announcement. If you continue to use the service, you will accept these new or increased charges. No fees paid under this Agreement will be refunded.
Copyright dispute policies
This site will take the following measures to copyright infringement based on relevant laws and regulations:
（1）For any copyright-protected materials illegally copied or disseminated by advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users, this site has the right to delete or ban access to it.
（2）For repeated infringers, this site has the right to deny or terminate the services to them.
If an individual or entity discovers that there is content infringing on their legitimate rights and interests on this site, they can first try to contact the content submitter and solve the issue through communication and negotiations. If you cannot contact the content submitter, or solve the issue through negotiations, you can contact our service account (e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org) for complaints. To ensure that the issue can be dealt with promptly and effectively, please submit authentic, effective, complete and clear materials, otherwise the complaint will be inadmissible. The complaint materials you need to provide to ScienceDB include:
（1）The ownership certificate of the right holder’s trademark right, copyright and/or other legally exercisable rights in the suspected infringement, and ownership certificate is usually a business license or an organization code certificate.
（2）The identity certificate of the informant, which may be an ID card or passport.
（3）Handwritten or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user.
（4）If the informant is not the right holder, the informant should provide a written authorization to report on behalf of the right holder.
（5）To ensure the authenticity of the complaint materials, you need to sign the following legal declaration in the infringement report:
The reporting process is as follows:
Not all report applications must be accepted. The site will deal with and respond within seven working days since the reports is received. No telephone, mail or other inquiry service will be provided during the process.
In case that ScienceDB has deleted or dealt with disputed content, but it can still be searched on Baidu, Google or other search engines, that’s because Baidu, Google and other search engines have their own caches. For these issues, ScienceDB has no right or ability to deal with, and relevant applications will not be accepted. You can contact third-party search engine servers for resolution.
This is the only official complaint channel for infringement on this site. No other way to deal with this issue is available for the time being.
You are not allowed to conduct any business activities on ScienceDB, and any legal disputes arising therefrom shall be handled by the participants, and they have nothing to do with this site.
The latest amendment to the Terms is issued on September 1, 2020. The Terms shall enter into force upon release.